Helping you recover and regain independence from a medical condition, injury or surgery takes a team of experts in a wide range of therapeutic fields. New Hanover Regional Medical Center has these experts in our hospitals and outpatient facilities.
Members of your care team may include:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians and physician's assistants
- Rehabilitation nurses and nursing assistants
- Physical therapists and physical therapy assistants
- Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants
- Speech-language pathologists
- Recreation therapists
- Case manager
- Social worker
- Rehabilitation counselor
Your team will work with you and your family to access the resources you need and help you progress with compassion and skill.