Jeffrey J. Dehmer, MD, Timothy M. Weiner, MD, and Trilby Shier, PA-C, are the pediatric surgical team at NHRMC. They are available for both inpatient or outpatient surgical care and follow up.
Care is provided for a number of routine and complex conditions.
Conditions We Treat
- Pyloric stenosis
- Gallbladder disease
- Chest wall deformities (pectus excavatum and carinatum)
- Lung infections (empyema)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Meckel’s diverticulum
In addition, they treat a wide variety of congenital diseases of the chest and abdomen, some of which require immediate treatment after birth in the neonatal intensive care unit. Examples of neonatal surgical conditions include:
- Tracheoesophageal fistula
- Abdominal wall defects (gastroschisis and omphalocele)
- Intestinal atresias
- Imperforate anus
- Necrotizing enterocolitis
Prenatal Consultation Available
The team is also available for prenatal consultation is available for conditions related to birth defects that are discovered prior to birth and require surgical repair after birth.
Bringing Smiles to Pediatric Surgery Patients
To make the experience of having surgery more comfortable for kids, members of the NHRMC team make fun custom caps for young patients to wear during their procedures.