New Hanover Regional Medical Center provides expert care for patients who require surgery on their neck, face and jaw. Maxillofacial surgeons, Michael Goldwasser, MD, DDS and Michael Jaskolka, MD, DDS specialize in:
- Jaw abnormalities that require corrective jaw, or orthognathic, surgery
- Craniofacial trauma through the provision of initial care as well as secondary reconstruction
- Benign oral, neck, facial and jaw pathology requiring surgical removal and reconstruction
- Skin lesions and cancer requiring surgical removal and reconstruction, such as Mohs surgery
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) requiring surgical management
Drs. Goldwasser and Jaskolka provide patient-centered coordinated care with the appropriate application of advanced maxillofacial surgery technology (i.e. Virtual Surgical Planning).
Drs. Goldwasser and Jaskolka also offer specialty pediatric services at the Betty H. Cameron Women's and Children's Hospital. They have developed the Cleft Lip and Palate Team, a multi-specialty team for the treatment of children with congenital conditions such as Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniosynostosis and other Craniofacial Syndromes.