The Neuroscience Center at New Hanover Regional Medical Center provides advanced treatment for a wide range of brain, spine, and central nervous system conditions. Here you'll find accomplished neurologists and neurosurgeons, a comprehensive neuro-diagnostic lab, and an award-winning stroke program supported by telemedicine. Your inpatient neuroscience team is dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of neurological disorders.
NHRMC is the only hospital in the region with a Neuroscience Care Unit, a Stroke Care Unit, and neurosurgical operating suites. These areas are staffed by nurses, therapists, and technicians with specialized training in the care of patients with neurologic disease and injury.
NHRMC Neuroscience Center offers a full spectrum of services including:
- Stroke Center - Recognized for excellence by American Stroke Association and American Heart Association
- Neurodiagnostic Lab: Including sophisticated technology and specialized staff to record and evaluate electrical activity in the brain and nervous system for our neuroscience patients.
- Neurology and Pediatric Neurology: dedicated inpatient neurologists and tele-neurologists providing 24/7 access to the latest treatments for stroke, seizures, concussions and more.
- Neurosurgery: specialized brain and spine surgeons who offer services from minimally-invasive spinal surgery to treatment for brain tumors and traumatic brain injury
- Psychiatry: consultants who interact with the medical or surgical team to address topics in psychosomatic medicine, health psychology, and neuropsychiatry.
- Neurologic Rehabilitation Services
- Emergency Care