New Hanover Regional Medical Center provides expert care for patients who require surgery on their neck, face and jaw. Maxillofacial surgeons Michael Jaskolka, MD, DDS, FACS and William J. Curtis, DMD, MD specialize in:
- Jaw abnormalities that require corrective jaw, or orthognathic, surgery
- Craniofacial trauma through the provision of initial care as well as secondary reconstruction
- Head and neck cancer and microvascular reconstruction
- Skin lesions and cancer requiring surgical removal and reconstruction, such as Mohs surgery
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) requiring surgical management
Drs. Jaskolka and Curtis provide patient-centered coordinated care with the appropriate application of advanced maxillofacial surgery technology (i.e. Virtual Surgical Planning).
Drs. Jaskolka and Curtis also offer specialty pediatric services at the Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital along with the Cleft and Craniofacial Team, a multi-specialty team for the treatment of children with congenital conditions such as Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniosynostosis and other Craniofacial Syndromes.