Pediatric Home Care
Talk with Us
If you have questions about our home health services, call us. We're here to help.
Our pediatric nurses at Novant Health Home Care help infants and children transition to a home environment where they can be nurtured and loved by family and immerse themselves in family life.
One of our most fulfilling jobs is helping bridge the gap between the hospital and the care parents can provide at home. We will record periodic weights and measurements and review feeding habits and caregiver instructions. We will teach caregivers how to monitor the progress of their child and what to do if a problem should arise.
Other services we provide include:
- Monitoring breathing and heartbeat for at-risk infants
- Checking bilirubin levels, which could indicate trouble with the liver or bile ducts
- Educating the family about in-home oxygen use
- Care and dressing of catheters and IVs
- Administering IV infusions
- Drawing labs for testing
- Changing post-surgical wound dressings
- Nasogastric tube care
- Gastrostomy tube care and maintenance
- Feeding regimen instruction and support