Heart Home Care
Talk with Us
If you have questions about our home health services, call us. We're here to help.
When you go home to recover from open-heart surgery or if you're living with a chronic cardiac disease, NHRMC Home Care nurses will come to your home to help you.
We will work closely with your doctor to help you get the support and treatment you need to improve your quality of life.
Support & Education for You & Your Caregivers
Your care is provided by a registered nurse, who will develop a home cardiac treatment plan. Care for your heart often involves a combination of medicine, diet, and exercise. Your care team may include physical and occupational therapists, a home health aide and a medical social worker.
We’ll help you and your family understand how to follow the care plan and to understand the risks of getting off track. We’ll also help you learn to use the equipment you need for monitoring your condition.
What to Expect
Your nurse will:
- Monitor vital signs and weight changes
- Monitor incisions, if applicable
- Make sure you are eating a proper diet and staying hydrated
- Make sure you are taking your medication properly
- Provide laboratory services
- Make sure that your caregivers know the best ways to help you
How to Become Our Patient
Ask your physician to refer you to NHRMC Home Care. You can do this before a scheduled hospitalization or procedure or before you go home from the hospital.
- Recent surgery or chronic cardiac-related issues
- Physician order