For appointments, call (910) 662-9300.
Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center provides compassionate care for patients of all ages and through every stage of HIV.
We understand the complex needs of AIDS/HIV patients and will provide a treatment plan to help manage your condition and its potential complications. We provide compassionate, quality care for patients of all ages, and throughout each stage of HIV, from acute HIV to latency to AIDS. We monitor your CD4 (T-cell) count and tailor your medication program specifically to you. Our goal is to keep your viral load undetectable, minimizing or eliminating the effects of HIV.
Our care goes beyond medical HIV and AIDS treatment. As an HIV Primary Care and a Level III Patient Centered Medical Home, we coordinate all medical care for our patients. This can include:
- Preventive care
- Primary care
- Specialized care
- Mental health counseling
- Spiritual care
- Substance abuse counseling
- Transportation assistance
HIV AIDS Care Team
Our providers and staff have extensive experience and share respect for complete confidentiality. Your team may include:
- Doctor of Pharmacy: Will help determine the proper course of medications based on your individual profile
- Nurse practitioner: Oversees your plan of care and monitors your progress
- Medical assistants: Help with your testing and routine visits
- Counselors: Act as a resource for any patients struggling with the psychological effects of the virus
Novant Health Internal Medicine Wilmington is located at 1725 New Hanover Medical Park Drive in Wilmington. We also have satellite clinics in Whiteville, Jacksonville and Burgaw.
The HIV Care Team is funded with the assistance of federal and state grants.