In a critical situation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s AirLink/VitaLink Critical Care Transport teams are available to deliver specialized air and ground transportation as part of our nationally recognized transport services division.
When time is crucial to your outcome, our teams bring immediate critical care to you and then transport you to a nearby facility for complete medical treatment. Whether you're injured in a car accident, suffer a heart attack or are injured in an accident on the water, our team of trained, experienced professionals is ready to respond.
When you or your loved one needs transport, AirLink and VitaLink bring the expertise and skills of an intensive care unit to the patient's bedside and provide care throughout the trip to the destination facility.
AirLink/VitaLink's team provides helicopter and ground transport.
Recognized for Award-Winning Care
AirLink/VitaLink’s numerous accomplishments show the team’s dedication to providing the best possible care to communities across our region. These honors include:
- Part of the team that was awarded the Dick Ferneau Career Service of the Year Award, an honor presented annually to the top team in the U.S. by NAEMT and EMS World Magazine.
- Critical Care Ground Transport Service of the Year by AAMS
- Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Award by AHA
- The first transport program in the country accredited as a mobile laboratory by the College of American Pathologists
- Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) for compliance with national standards of excellence