New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) doctors and other healthcare providers are experts in treating cancer and making sure you feel understood, cared for, and treated as a whole person. We offer advanced technologies and always remember the importance of compassionate, patient-centered care.
Our Approach to Quality Cancer Care
Our deep knowledge of cancer, experience treating it, and advanced technology and services contribute to the quality we provide to every cancer patient who enters our doors:
- Approved as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer – only 25 percent of U.S. hospitals receive this designation
- Oncology specialists gather each week for a Tumor Board to collaborate on cases and decide the best recommendations for that patient
- Cancer care in a healing environment - NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center – southeastern North Carolina's only community-based cancer center dedicated to diagnosing, treating, and supporting cancer patients
- Inpatient cancer care provided in the oncology unit at our main campus building, equipped with services to make you and your loved ones more comfortable
- Cancer clinical trials that allow you to participate in national studies of new cancer treatments when appropriate
NHRMC Cancer Services is southeastern North Carolina's only community-based cancer program dedicated to diagnosis, treatment and support of cancer patients throughout our region.
Our services are offered in multiple locations: NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center, NHRMC Cancer Services at Brunswick Forest, and in NHRMC Radiation Oncology's offices on 16th Street in Wilmington and in Supply.