The Family Medicine Graduate Education Program at the New Hanover Regional Medical Center participates in, and abides by the policies of, the National Residency Matching Program.
Applications are accepted only through the ERAS application service. In order for you to be considered for an interview, your application must include:
- The completed ERAS application form
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the “Dean’s Letter” sent from your medical school. Of those three letters:
- Two letters must be from Family Physicians
- USMLE or COMLEX score transcript
In order to be considered for ranking the above application must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants should have passed USMLE/COMLEX Part 1 on their first attempt. Rarely, applicants with a single Part 1 failure may be considered if it appears that they uniquely fulfill the Residency’s mission.
- USMLE/COMLEX 2 must be completed, and the score reported to us via an updated transcript, prior to the deadline for rank list submission. No one with a Part 2 failure will be considered. In order to minimize the possibility of an ultimately futile interview, we encourage applicants to take Part 2 early in the fall application season.
- All applicants must be eligible to begin residency no later than 2 years from their medical school graduation.
- All applicants must be eligible for a Training License from the North Carolina Medical Board. (International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate, and all verifications must be in English or translated with a notarized verification of authenticity.)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States (Citizens or Permanent Residents).
- Applicants must be willing to travel to Wilmington for an interview.