On Saturday, October 12 NHRMC will upgrade to a newer version of our Epic electronic medical system.
For this upgrade, we are planning for a 1.5-hour downtime from 1 to 2:30 a.m. on October 12. During this downtime, Epic will be in read-only access (Epic-Downtime C), and downtime procedures will be in effect.
October 4 (Week Prior to Go-Live)-Epic Workflow Limitations
One week prior to the October 12 Go Live, the Epic upgrade project team begins updating data behind the scenes while you continue to work in the system. This is a required process called the Transparent Lockdown. This process creates workflow limitations in the system to be aware of. You will not be able to make changes to customize certain aspects of your workflows. Click this link for more details.
Where to Get More Information
- Dr. Messier's Newsletters, Clinical Informatics Weekly Updates, Ambulatory Weekly Updates
- Daily drop in Ask the Expert Sessions for any Epic user: Monday-Friday 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Learning Technology Center, weeks of Sept. 30 and Oct. 7
- Ask the Expert Breakfast in Physician Lounge from 730 a.m. – 9 a.m. on Oct. 1, 3, 7 and 9
- Ask the Expert Lunch in Physician Lounge from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Sept. 30, Oct. 1 and Oct. 9
- Ask the Expert Sessions Resident and ACP lounge 11 a.m.-1 p.m.Oct. 2 and Oct. 10
- Ask the Expert Sessions Surgeon/Anesthesia lounges between surgical cases
- Log in to PLY and practice! Call 667-6300 if you need help logging in
- Scheduled visits to ambulatory practices
- Scheduled visits to nursing huddles and staff meetings
One of the BIGGEST changes is the addition of the Storyboard! When you log in for the first time, the screens will look very different! Please take a look ahead of time to be well prepared. The header is now down the left-hand side and the activity tabs are across the top.
The Story of Storyboard
For more information on additional changes please visit Learning Home Dashboard within Epic.
How to Get to Learning Home Dashboard within Epic
Oct. 12 Night of Upgrade Need to Knows
To find Read-Only access from 1-2:30 a.m. Oct. 12:
- Look for the read-only icon under Start>Programs>NHRMC Connect Downtime
- Click on “Epic-Downtime C - (read-only icon) located on the desktop of all PCs
This will allow access to our NHRMC Epic system in a read-only mode. Read-only login is the same as the user's production login.
**No changes or updates to patient information can be completed during the downtime.
Downtime Tool Kits:
Know where your department’s downtime tool kit is located. The downtime tool kit is a gray box containing the necessary forms you may need during the downtime.
Command Center will open on Oct. 12 at the “read only downtime.” Support line for immediate questions/concerns will be 910-667-6300.