WILMINGTON, NC – New Hanover Regional Medical Center has completed an 18-month expansion and renovation of the NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center
. The project expands the comprehensive services offered to patients at the region’s primary destination for cancer care.
The new center was designed with the input of cancer patients, physicians and staff to continue providing exceptional care in a soothing, comfortable and private environment. The design fosters a progressive atmosphere for physician-led quality of care. NHRMC Physician Group - Cape Fear Cancer Specialists
is moving its Wilmington practice into NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center over the coming weeks. Cape Fear Cancer Specialists will maintain its Leland office.
“We’re creating an environment that is supportive and healing and brings together a larger team of experts to deliver the best care possible,” said Henry Hawthorne, administrator of oncology services for NHRMC.
The new NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center design includes:
• Patient care areas and onsite offices for the physicians and staff of NHRMC Physician Group - Cape Fear Cancer Specialists.
• Space for gynecologic oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology and multi-disciplinary programs, such as the NHRMC Lung Program.
• Expanded capacity of infusion stations from 15 to 48, tailored to suit patients’ preferences for privacy or socialization.
• Access to diagnostics, outpatient infusion, clinical trials, treatment options, community resources and support groups.
• An Information and Inspiration Center to offer patients educational resources and inspiration to help support a sense of belonging and community. Through the Inspiration Center, staff will help guide patients through support services at NHRMC and assist with connecting patients with community partners.
For more information, visit www.nhrmc.org/services/cancer