Visiting a Patient
Contact a Patient
Send a message to brighten your loved one's day.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center recognizes the value of having family support and encourages loved ones to visit. Our patient-and family-centered visitation guidelines encourage loved ones to be a part of the healing process while still allowing for patient privacy and rest when needed. Although visiting at NHRMC is flexible, visiting hours end at 9 p.m. each night to allow for a restful and safe environment.
- Do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, fever or other illness.
- Avoid noisy, disruptive behavior to help respect the healing of all patients.
- Ask before bringing food, drinks or other items like balloons, flowers or perfume that might trigger allergies into patient rooms.
- Wash your hands before entering a patient’s room.
- Make sure all children have a supervising adult with them at all times
Special Department Visiting Guidelines
Some areas have their own visitors' guidelines depending on patients' conditions, nature of treatment or other circumstances. Please read about visiting patients at the following locations.
- NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital
- NHRMC Behavioral Health Hospital
- NHRMC Intensive Care Units
- NHRMC Rehabilitation Hospital