Changes to Medical Records Request Processes Due to COVID-19
If you would like to request a copy of your medical records from NHRMC or any of its facilities, we have implemented the following no-contact options.
Please do not visit the Medical Record Department in person to request medical records.
Requesting a Copy of Your Medical Record
Patients or their legal representatives must complete an Authorization for Release of Medical Information before we can provide a copy of a patient's NHRMC, NHRMC Physician Group or Pender Memorial Hospital medical record.
- Log into your MyChart account to complete the electronic Authorization for Release of Medical Record form
- Allow 1-2 days for processing
- Your record request will be processed and the records sent to your MyChart portal
- Log into MyChart to retrieve and download your medical records
Download Form and Send Your Request
- Fill out the correct form below:
- Once you have completed the form, choose one of the options to send it to the Medical Records Department:
- Email the completed form to [email protected]
- Fax the completed for to (910) 667-7186
- Mail completed form to:
- Health Information Management
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
3151 S. 17th Street
PO Box 9000
Wilmington, NC 28412
For Questions and Concerns
If you have questions about medical records, release of information or need help completing the Authorization for the Release of Medical Information form, please call:
- Customer Service line: (910) 667-7090
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Service of warrants, subpoenas and Department of Social Service requests can be hand delivered if masks and gloves are worn.