As Southeastern North Carolina continues to prepare for an expected increase in the number of COVID-19 cases, the healthcare community is asking area businesses and health providers to consider donating any personal protective equipment they will not be using in the immediate future.
NHRMC and Pender Memorial have been working to secure the supplies needed to keep staff and providers protected while caring for potentially infectious patients. More than 25,000 PPE items have already been donated by local businesses, setting an example for others to follow.
NHRMC is working with New Hanover County to collect and distribute the protective gear that is donated at the NHRMC Business Center:
NHRMC Business Center:
- Monday, April 6: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 7: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 8: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 9: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
For additional information, contact Zak Whicker at [email protected].
Rocky Point Medical Pavilion
7910 US Highway 117 S., Rocky Point
- Thursday, April 9: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 10 : 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Thursday, April 16: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 17: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, April 18: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
For additional information, contact Sarah Arthur at [email protected]nhrmc.org.
- Unused masks rated N95 or higher: 3M Healthcare or NIOSH approved preferred
- Full face shields
- Impervious gowns: AAMI Level 2
- Gloves: Nitrile or non-latex preferred
- Unused earloop masks
- Unused surgical masks: meet the surgical masks regulations under 21 CFR 878.4040 preferred
- Unused surgical masks with face shield: meet the surgical masks regulations under 21 CFR 878.4040 preferred
- Medical/dental gowns
- Unused shoe coverings