Since reopening on September 12, the Employee Fitness Center has continued to expand space available for its members. And while the EFC has reduced capacity, it rarely reaches the maximum of 50 members.
The EFC team has been working for the past six months to reopen safely and exceed the safety standards set by the governor.
In addition to deep cleaning the entire facility, the inside was repainted. Hard-to-clean items were removed, and the entire gym was rearranged to allow for easier cleaning. To promote safe distancing, many of the machines were placed 6 to 8 feet apart. Other measures included installing transparent barriers at the service desk; implementing a paperless check-in system; and checking all air handler systems to ensure adequate ventilation.
“We have gone above and beyond what is required of any facility with our members in mind,” said Jason Albertson, EFC manager. “We have done everything in our power to create the safest and most functional space for you to relieve your stress, get back to a bit more normalcy, and do it knowing that every decision we made, was done to open correctly, safety, and efficiently.”
We're Back! NHRMC Employee Fitness Center from NHRMC Videos on Vimeo.
The EFC is currently open 5 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Friday and 5 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Trainers are now available for one-on-one sessions in the fitness rooms or on the track.
New EFC Safety Procedures
- All members should arrive dressed and ready to exercise
- Mandatory mask wearing - covering the nose and mouth – is required the entire time you are in the facility including while exercising
- All equipment should be wiped down after use with the provided disinfectant
- No childcare is available and only members 16 and over are allowed in the facility at this time
While the EFC is operating at limited capacity, Albertson encourages all members to renew their dedication to health and wellness and take advantage of the services now being offered including:
- Massage therapy by appointment
- Virtual nutrition services from NHRMC dietitians
- Facebook Live and Zoom classes
- Outdoor group fitness classes
- R2 fitness program, six-week programs held outside by EFC Personal Trainers (sign-ups will be announced on CapsLive)
“We miss seeing each of you in here laughing, joking, and relieving some of the stressors of the day,” said Albertson. “We miss telling you to do just one more rep. We miss seeing you ecstatic because you just reached a goal. No one wants the EFC to be back to its boisterous self, more than I do!”
“We are continuously evaluating and analyzing every aspect in front of us to make decisions on what the next phase will allow us to bring back,” Albertson said. “As time passes, we hope to be able to come through the doors and have everything once again at our fingertips.”