As the proud sponsor of the 2019 Star News LifeExpo, New Hanover Regional Medical Center is excited to have this opportunity to offer health information and screenings at the Sept. 12 event that will benefit the area’s vibrant 50+ crowd. Partnering with our community in their health and well-being is at the center of our mission, so with this in mind the NHRMC Let’s Make Healthier Happen Zone will offer:
- Free Cholesterol, glucose and blood pressure screenings
- Explanation of screening results
- Information about the Wound Care Clinic and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, which helps with issues such as radiation injuries, bone infections and diabetic foot ulcers
- Fall prevention information and free balance screenings
- Helping find a doctor and information about the benefits of using MyChart
- Information about the importance of having Advance Directives, with free forms available
New this year, NHRMC dietitians will offer information about healthy eating with food demonstrations, healthy recipes and complementary snacks.