Dear Fellow Employees,
We're proud to say that New Hanover Regional Medical Center is committed to investing in the health of our staff through competitive wages and benefits, as well a comprehensive wellness program. Now, we are pleased to announce that there will be several opportunities for you to learn about and achieve another aspect of wellness - personal Financial Wellness.
The HR benefits team, along with several other key stakeholders, has developed a variety of opportunities for you, like seminars by AIG (Valic), Social Security and Medicare. We think the most exciting new opportunity is the SmartDollar program, a benefit paid for 100% by NHRMC and offered to all employees and their households beginning April 24, 2019.
SmartDollar is an online financial wellness solution that empowers participants to take charge of their finances, get out of debt, stop living paycheck to paycheck and plan for retirement.
You can register and learn more about SmartDollar here.
You should also know:
• Your financial information is kept completely confidential - aggregate data from all the participants is the only thing reported to NHRMC each quarter.
• You'll have access to amazing lesson videos, audio and written materials any time and from any device
• You'll learn from the best speakers on personal finance, including Dave Ramsey. Ramsey is described as America's trusted voice on money and business, is a personal money management expert and popular national radio personality, and is on the cover of Money magazine this month!
• The program breaks down your journey to financial health into Seven Baby Steps and meets you based upon your priorities - like knocking out debt, building an emergency fund, securing your dream home or doing college debt free.
• The program will not try to sell you anything, at any time.
Managing money well helps make important things more possible. It's true for our organization and it's true for us as individuals. For the organization, employee wellness is among the highest priorities. We sincerely hope you will take the time to learn more about this resource and use it to achieve your own financial well- being.
Ed Ollie, Chief Financial Officer
Keith Strawn, Chief Human Resource Officer