The NHRMC Farmers Market is back starting on April 16 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside the Women’s & Children’s Hospital on the patio, near the Lighthouse Café. The Farmers Market will be held here during this time on the third Tuesday of the month from April through October.
Come shop for fresh produce and other local goods. It’s the perfect chance to get a breath of fresh air, do a little retail therapy, and support the local economy. There is something for everyone with delicious, organic greens, pasture raised meats, gluten free goodies, fresh-baked breads, handmade healthcare products, and more.
NHRMC Farmers Market from NHRMC Videos on Vimeo.
All vendors accept cash and credit card payments. The produce, cheese, and nuts at the NHRMC booth will be available for employees to purchase using payroll deduct by swiping their badges.
To kick off this year’s Farmers Market, there will be door prizes given out each hour, on the hour. You could win cafeteria cards and movie tickets.
During the Farmers Market, our Wellness Dieticians will be set up in the mobile teaching kitchen demonstrating and giving samples of a variety of seasonal recipes including Roasted Veggies tossed in Arugula Pesto and Spring Pea and Leek Soup with Homemade Croutons.
That day the Lighthouse Café will be serving a Farm to Table special that includes the roasted veggies and soup served with Flank Steak and Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Want to get a preview of the Spring Pea and Leek Soup with Homemade Croutons? The Main Cafeteria will be serving it on Monday, April 15 in anticipation of the Farmers Market the next day.
Here are some of the vendors who will be on site:
- Ben’s Organics – Microgreens, lettuce, and green beans (tomatoes later in the season)*
- St. Helena Farms – Pasture raised pork*
- Joe’s Moms Snacks – Nut-based snack mixes*
- Preservation Point Farm – Pasture raised eggs (starting in May)*
- Green, Lean and Clean (GLC) – Fresh meal delivery service*
- Mommy’s Easy Make – Spice mixes, sauces, homemade breads
- Elderberry Mommas – Elderberry teas and treats
- Sunny Soap – handmade healthcare products
- Bob’s Local Produce – melons, berries, vegetables
- Gluten Free by the Sea – gluten free treats
- NHRMC Table – local fruits and vegetables
* Denotes a new vendor for 2019.
Whether you’re looking for a quick, healthy meal during your lunch break, the chance to purchase local goodies to take home to your family, or a little treat to enjoy, the NHRMC Farmers Market has it. Take advantage of this great opportunity to purchase fresh, local produce from the farmers who grow them and handcrafted, local good from those who make them.