The February Lean Report Out put three Lean initiatives in the spotlight and gave the Lean Strategies team a chance to recognize the most recent Green Belt honorees.
- Quality Division 3P: The Quality Division includes Clinical Outcomes, Accreditation, Infection Prevention & Control, and Patients Safety. The division developed a mission statement: Empowering every person to own a safe and healthy environment. The leaders discussed how they identified redundant efforts in their common goal to ensure safety and quality across the system. One of their biggest surprises came when, at Sue Ballato's request, they compiled their monthly meeting obligations. They discovered that team members were spending half of each month in meetings. They are now working together and looking for more opportunities to collaborate and become more efficient. Their goal is to develop a Business Plan for the Division in the near future.
- Cath Lab/EP Lab Orders Workflow: This involved a collaboration with customers outside of the hospital walls to break down silos and ensure consistent practices to link orders to appointments.
- Innovation Team: Innovation Center Director Chris Hillier introduced the Speed of Health "Spark Tank" program and how NHRMC system employees can get involved.
Afterward, five Lean Bootcamp graduates received their Green Belt certificates from Lean Strategies Director Greg Firestone. Here is a list of the honorees and their projects:
- Shannon Barham, New Leader Onboarding Completion Rate
- Aaron Brown, Referral Room Volume
- Susie Puckett, Pender Memorial Hospital Registration Workflow Improvement
- Sharon Roberts, Patient Scheduling
- William Stephens (not pictured), Nursing Handoff/SmartPhrases