On July 26, Fluency Direct system will replace the current Dragon Voice Dictation system used with Epic. Once Fluency Direct has been implemented, Dragon cannot be used!
Why Are We Changing?
Fluency Direct has received Best in KLAS for Front End EMR Speech Recognition and Software & Services for 2017 and 2018. Fluency Direct includes a similar setup and usage to Dragon, and includes these benefits:
- Can be used on a mobile device so user can dictate while in front of a computer with the patient’s chart open.
- Ability to use Fluency Mobile on a mobile device to dictate while remoting into Epic/the patient’s chart from home, or offsite.
- Secures dictation voice files when used with Haiku/Canto on mobile devices.
- Sets up NHRMC organization for future front end voice recognition initiatives.
The first phase, on Thursday, July 26, is targeted only for providers currently using Dragon and Haiku/Canto. Later phases will be announced for other providers who are interested in leveraging the Fluency Direct system and benefits.
About 350 NHRMC providers currently use Dragon and will need to register for a Fluency Direct training session on the new program. Training sessions will be held July 11-25.
Training Sessions Info
- If you are a Dragon user with an up-to-date email address on file, you will have received an email from Clinical Informatics with the subject line "NHRMC Fluency Direct Dictation Training."
- If you did not receive the email, you can ask your program director or practice manager for the training session information.
- After you register for training, you will receive a reminder email two days prior to your session.
Once Fluency Direct goes live, Dragon will not be available.