Join us for the Children's Book Drive scheduled on September 27 - October 1, 2021.
We remember treasured books from childhood that excited us about learning. But as our community’s children return to school this fall, please keep in mind that:
- We are dedicated to upward mobility in the communities we serve, and books will benefit children at schools with high poverty rates.
- In poor neighborhoods, there are often only 1 to 2 books per 300 homes
- 61% of low-income children have no books in the home
- 1 of 6 children who don’t read proficiently in third grade drop out of high school – four times the rate of good readers
We can help fix this! Please donate to the Children’s Book Drive.
- We’re looking for books your children have outgrown that are still in good shape
- Books for all ages to eighth-grade reading level
Team members can drop off donations at 2507 Delaney Ave or contact Scott Whisnant or Sarah Arthur for a pick up request in your department.
For questions about the book drive, contact Scott Whisnant or Sarah Arthur.
View the flyer here