Nutrition Internship Program
The Clinical Nutrition Department at New Hanover Regional Medical Center accepts Dietetic Interns from select Universities in North Carolina, as well as various Distance Programs as able. Our mission is to offer learning experiences in dietetics that will provide you with the skills needed for successful transition into entry-level practice. We will offer practical experiences while developing your analytical skills, which will allow you to work through complex nutrition-related situations.
This program is currently not accepting any new interns.
- Perform nutrition assessments
- Plan and evaluate nutritional care
- Develop educational nutritional care
- Present case studies
- Assess community nutrition resources
- Conduct research on current issues in nutrition
- Meet the requirements to take the registration examination for dietitians
- Behavioral Health
- Critical Care
- Women's Health