If your gynecologic condition requires surgery, we offer you some of the most technologically advanced surgical methods available, including robotic surgery using the daVinci® Surgical System. The robotic surgical system allows for surgeries to be done through tiny incisions – much smaller than incisions required with traditional open surgery.
Your gynecologic surgery may be performed using the daVinci® Surgical System, if you are eligible. Call (910) 763-9833 to make an appointment.
Gynecologic Surgeries Using daVinci
The daVinci Surgical System has been successfully used in tens of thousands of minimally invasive procedures worldwide. We perform the following gynecologic surgeries using the daVinci Surgical System:
- Hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Sacrocolpopexy (pelvic organ prolapse repair)
- Myomectomy (fibroid removal)
- Oopherectomy (removal of ovaries)
- Endometriosis treatment (partial or complete removal of endometrial tissue)
If you are having one of these procedures, ask your physician if you're a candidate for daVinci robotic surgery.
Why Choose Robotic Surgery?
For most women, robotic-assisted surgery offers numerous potential benefits over traditional surgical approaches, including:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Significantly less pain
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities
- Less risk of wound infection
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Less risk of damaging surrounding tissues