New Hanover Regional Medical Center Physician Specialists - General Surgery Specialists - Colon & Rectal Surgery provides colon and rectal surgical care.
Our fellowship trained surgeons assist with the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of colon and rectal conditions. We also perform surgery using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System.
- Hemorrhoidectomy and hemorrhoid banding
- Management of thrombosed hemorroid
- Treatment of anal abscess and fistula
- Colonoscopy, proctoscopy and anoscopy
- Laparoscopic and robotic colectomies for benign and malignant colorectal conditions
- Rectal prolapse repair
- Anal cancer screening, prevention, and surveillance
- Pilonidal surgery
- Lateral internal sphincterotomy for anal fissure
- Transanal minimally invasive surgery (TAMIS)
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence