Schedule an Appointment
We provide complete care for all stages of your life. Call us to make your appointment at (910) 763-9833.
We offer complete gynecologic care for adolescent girls and women. Adolescent girls starting at age 13 should begin the transition from pediatrician to gynecologist for health maintenance and education.
Exams we perform include:
- Pap smears – screening test to identify premalignant or cancerous cells in outer opening of cervix, which aids in prevention or early diagnosis of cervical cancer
- Breast checks – recommended every three years for women in their 20s and 30s, and every year for women 40 years old and up
- Mammograms – annual exams recommended beginning at age 40
Services we provide include:
- Contraceptive counseling and management as well as sexually transmitted disease prevention, screening and treatment
- Nutrition and weight management
- Sexual dysfunction treatment
- Abnormal or heavy bleeding treatment
- Perimenopause and menopause treatment
- Anemia diagnosis and treatment
- Fertility consultations
At Glen Meade Center for Women’s Health, we want to help you recover faster and heal with less pain and scarring, should you need surgery for your condition. We are a leader in offering minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgical procedures to treat endometriosis, pelvic organ prolapse, and other gynecologic conditions.
If you have abnormal uterine bleeding, we perform endometrial ablation, a minimally invasive procedure with excellent outcomes including stopping bleeding altogether or significantly reducing bleeding. The procedure can take up to 45 minutes.
Uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and chronic pelvic pain are some of the reasons we may recommend robotic-assisted surgery as a treatment option. By using advanced 3-D robotic technology – known as the daVinci® Surgical System – our surgeons are able to deliver precise movements through tiny incisions.
We offer injections for simple, convenient delivery of medications for the treatment of some conditions and prevention of others. Injections available include:
GARDASIL® is the only human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine that helps protect against four types of HPV. In girls and young women ages 9 to 26, GARDASIL helps protect against two types of HPV that cause about 75 percent of cervical cancer cases, and two more types that cause 90 percent of genital warts cases. GARDASIL also helps protect girls and young women against 70 percent of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50 percent of vulvar cancer cases.
RhoGAM® is given to a pregnant woman whose blood type is Rh-negative to keep her baby’s blood from interacting with her own.
Only a small percentage of the population is Rh-negative, and therefore at risk. This includes 15 percent of Caucasians, eight percent of African Americans and Hispanics, and one percent of Asians and Native Americans.
This birth control injection utilizes a hormone to prevent pregnancy. Each shot is effective for three months.
Lupron is a synthetic hormone used to reduce the amount of testosterone in men and estrogen in women. It’s also helpful in treating symptoms of endometriosis and uterine fibroids.