Packed with flavor and good for you, this Mediterranean Bowl is easy to make. Add your own favorite ingredients for a bowl for more variety.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast, cut into ½” cubes
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared whole grain
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- ½ cup chickpeas (see roasted chickpea recipe or use straight from the can)
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Toss chicken breast in a bowl with the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil to evenly coat.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and sauté until just softened, 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, 5-6 minutes.
- Layer in two separate medium bowls: ½ cup prepared whole grain, 1 cup spinach, chicken and pepper mixture, ¼ cup chickpeas, ¼ cup feta cheese.