Instant Pot® Chipotle Chicken Bowl
This easy chicken is ready in no time using your Instant Pot®.
Makes 4 servings
For the Chicken
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chipotle paste
- 1 cup prepared mild salsa, low sodium (look in deli area)
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and top with first 5 ingredients. Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the lid is in “sealed” position.
- Cook on high pressure 20 minutes. Quick release the pressure and shred the chicken with two forks. You can reserve the sauce for the bowl.
For the Lime Crema (makes extra)
- 16 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 2 big limes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Baby spinach
- 1 cup uncooked Brown Rice ( we used frozen microwavable brown rice)
- Lima Crema, to drizzle on top (See recipe in box)
- Optional ingredients/toppings: avocado, black beans, corn, peppers or onions.
Directions for Assembling Bowl: Layer ½ cup cooked brown rice, followed by a large handful of baby spinach, 3-4oz shredded chicken with salsa, drizzle lime crema on top
Nutrition Facts: (does not include optional ingredients; does include 1 tbsp lime crema): 229 calories, 2g fat, 373mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 3g sugar, 37g protein