Baked Turkey Meatballs
Pair these healthy meatballs with your favorite noodles and sauce.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size = 4 small meatballs per serving
- 1 pound 100% Ground Turkey Breast, 94% lean
- ¼ cup Unseasoned, Panko style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup carrot, minced
- ¼ cup white onion, minced (about ¼ of a medium onion)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Low sodium marina sauce (we used The Silver Palate, Low Sodium)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely mince carrot and onion by hand or in a food processor and then combine all ingredients. Use your hands to gently mix.
- Shape meatballs into 2-tablespoon-sized-balls and place on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350*, checking at 20 minutes to ensure there is no pink in the middle of the meatballs. Cook for 5 more minutes if needed.
- Serve with zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or pasta and your favorite tomato sauce.
- You can freeze the meatballs in a plastic bag in the freezer for up to three months, letting them defrost in the fridge or microwave before eating.
Nutrition Facts per serving (4 meatballs): 115 calories, 6 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 250 mg sodium, 4 grams carbs, 1 gram sugars, 16 grams protein
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Short and Long Term Storage: Store meatballs in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days. Cook and freeze in a plastic bag for up to three months, allowing them to defrost in the fridge and then reheating them to 165 degrees.
Prep Ahead: The carrots and onions can be minced up to three days in advance.
Recipe-specific shopping list
- 1 pound 100% ground turkey breast
- 1 carrot
- 1 white onion