Southeastern Regional Advisory Committee Trauma Performance Improvement Hotline
WHO can use the SERAC Hotline?
- Anyone concerned about the quality of care of a trauma patient
WHAT should be reported?
- Delays in care whether related to a system issue, process or provider
- Communication issues
- Pre-hospital concerns
- Patient management issues
WHEN to call?
- Call as soon as an occurrence is identified. The hotline is available 24-hours a day
WHERE is it available?
- The hotline is a toll free number, accessible to all trauma care providers in the region of southeastern North Carolina
WHY have the hotline?
- The SERAC hotline was developed as a means to provide trauma care providers with feedback, and to address any occurrences related to the care of trauma patients
HOW to use the hotline?
- Essential elements of your SERAC Hotline call:
- Caller name (which is kept confidential)
- Location of occurrence
- Phone number where caller can be reached
- Date and time of occurrence
- Brief description of occurrence, concern, or question
The SERAC Manager will follow-up with all calls made to the SERAC Hotline.
Thank you for your assistance to improve the quality of care and outcomes of trauma patients throughout the region!