Medical Student Rotations at NHRMC
- In addition to 3rd and 4th year students from UNC-Chapel Hill who are present throughout the academic year, LCME students from other North Carolina medical schools rotate through the Internal Medicine Program after satisfying administrative arrangements made with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill.
- Students must apply through UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine for rotations at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- Housing is not provided for non-UNC-CH students, but a partial list of available housing can be obtained upon request and arrangements can usually be easily achieved.
- All non-UNC-CH student rotations must be approved by the Assistant Program Director after the form has been completed with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine at Chapel Hill and received by the Internal Medicine office.
- All student rotations are normally for a period of 4 weeks.
- Evaluations and other pertinent records on each student’s rotation are maintained in the Department of Internal Medicine by the Student Coordinator and copies are forwarded to the student’s medical school clerkship director.
Questions may be directed to: