ACLS & PALS Guidelines & Registration
ACLS & PALS Provider Course: 1-day course for first-time participants and providers whose cards have expired. This class provides more time and practice of skills and scenarios.
ACLS Renewal Course: a 4-hour course for participants who have had ACLS previously and only need review and practice of ACLS skills and scenarios. Must provide expiration date of ACLS.
PALS Provider Course: This is a 4-hour course for participants who have had PALS previously and only need review and practice of PALS skills and scenarios. Must provide expiration date off PALS.
Registering for Courses
- Class size is limited and fills up fast, please register up to two months in advance of the expiration date of your card.
- No one will be admitted without a book. NHRMC requires that you show proof of your BLS prior to taking an ACLS/PALS course. Please bring your card or a copy of your card. You cannot take the class without proof of your BLS certification. It is required that you complete the online pre-course work before class. Contact Barb Tuell for details.
- Class starts at 8:15 a.m. Sign-in begins approximately 15 minutes before class.
You must register with Barb Tuell either by calling 910.667.6008 or emailing [email protected].
- Books can be mailed to your home address or you may make arrangements to pick one up.
- A full refund will be given if the cancellation is 14 days prior to the course and all course materials are returned.
To Cancel Registration
You must cancel by phone or email. Please call Barb Tuell at 910.667.6008 or email [email protected] to cancel your registration.
- You can sign up for class through NetLearning.
- Employees must pick up their book one to two weeks in advance from the nurse educators office at the main campus.
- If you are paying for class, pick up your book from the Professional Development office: 910.667.3210, Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Costs are deferred for NHRMC Mandatory ACLS and/or PALS departments.
- If your area doesn’t require ACLS/PALS, your manager will need to approve your class attendance by filling out the Manager’s Approval Form. If not approved, you must pay for the class by check or credit card. (Contact Barb Tuell for course fees)
For Employee Registration Cancellations
Remember, seats are limited and an empty seat means a missed opportunity for someone else. Please make every effort to attend class. If you cannot attend, you must cancel at least 72 hours prior to class either by unenrolling through NetLearning, contacting your educator or contacting Barb Tuell.
If you cannot attend class and fail to cancel, you will be considered a “NO SHOW.” Your manager will be notified in order to process a disciplinary action toward your attendance record.
Thank you for your time and dedication to excellent patient care.