If you are a local physician practice and need to admit a patient, New Hanover Regional Medical Center has made it easier to efficiently communicate and coordinate your patient's admission.
How Direct Admission Works
Referring physicians should call (910) 667-2544 [local] or (877) 392-9648 [toll-free].
- The NHRMC Regional Transfer Center will receive the call
- An accepting physician at NHRMC will be contacted
- The Referring physician and accepting physician will be connected via a conference call
- Medical information will be shared with all parties on the phone line
- Bed placement options will be discussed
- Transport details will be confirmed
Benefits of Streamlined Direct Admission Process
- Enhanced and expedited communication between all members of the care team
- Clarify all patient admission arrangements in a single phone call
- Ensuring patients arrive at Direct Admission area with all medical orders in place
- Improved patient safety and continuity of care