Our program has thoughtfully chosen to remain a traditional continuity clinic program versus X + Y. We chose this structure to ensure our residents retain maximum electives, because they love time with our fabulous subspecialty educators.
You are assigned a 1/2 day clinic. This clinic occurs weekly unless you are on call, ICU, ED or Nights (averaging 3 clinics per block).
Typical Continuity Clinic Day
- They all occur in the afternoon, first patient at 12:45 pm, last patient at 3:45 pm.
- 30 minute appointment slots.
- Dedicated faculty supervisors.
- Blend of acute patients as well as return patients.
- Includes subspecialty experiences in cardiology, renal, hepatology and endocrinology.
- Time allotted for panel management/personal QI.
- Social work interns through partnership with UNCW.
- Community health workers.
- Imbedded PharmD providing pain evaluations, DM + HTN co-management, complex medical reviews and Hep C treatment.
Sample ambulatory rotation schedule