Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be considered for interview at the New Hanover Regional Medical Center Surgical Residency Program:
- USMLE Scores (Step 1 and 2) - Pass on first attempt.
- Grades - Honors or High Pass grade in surgery clerkship preferred.
- Graduation from medical school immediately prior to application for residency.
- IMG's must have a minimum of two (2) years of clinical or research experience in the United States and be proficient with the English language.
- United States citizenship (we do not sponsor visas or accept green cards)
All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS) to be considered for review. Applications received through alternative methods will not be reviewed. The following items must be included:
- ERAS Application
- Personal Statement
- USMLE Scores for Step 1 and Step 2
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Dean's letter
We accept applications between October 21 - November 30, 2020.
NOTICE: Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the 2021-2022 NHRMC Surgery Residency Interviews will be done virtually.
NHRMC General Surgery Residency will be holding 8 Categorical Virtual Interview Days and 2 Preliminary Virtual Interview Days:
Nov. Tues, 11/10 8:45a - 11:30am (EST) - 7 candidates
Nov. Thurs, 11/12 1:45p - 4:30pm (EST) - 7 candidates
Nov. Tues, 11/17 8:45a - 11:30am (EST) - 7 candidates
Nov. Thurs, 11/19 1:45p - 4:30pm (EST) - 7 candidates
Thanksgiving Week OFF
Dec. Tues, 12/1 8:45a - 11:30am (EST) - 7 candidates
Dec. Wed, 12/2 1:45p - 4:30pm (EST) - 7 candidates
Dec. Tues, 12/8 8:45a - 11:30am (EST) - 7 candidates
Dec. Tues, 12/15 8:45a - 11:30am (EST) - 7 candidates
Jan., Tues 1/5 8:50a - 10:30am (EST) - 4 candidates
Jan., Tues 1/12 8:50a - 10:30am (EST) - 4 candidates
This is an exciting time of year for the Residency Program. We look forward to meeting new graduates interested in learning more about our program.