The best way to check out our residency program is to do an Acting Internship (AI). This will give you an opportunity to work closely with residents from all three years of training.
You will be an integral part of a team of resident and attending physicians who provide the care for patients on our Family Medicine Inpatient Service and in our clinic. Over the course of a month you will have ample opportunity to inquire about rotation specifics and life in the residency.
Interested in Applying?
Students seeking an Acting Internship rotation with Family Medicine should complete the following steps:
- Visit https://www.medhttps://www.med.unc.edu/ome/studentaffairs/visiting-student-program/.unc.edu/ome/studentaffairs/visiting-student-program/md-and-do-visiting-students.
- Confirm eligibility requirements.
- Review supplemental requirements FMME 453.
- Complete application in VSLO.(visiting student learning opportunities)
- We will contact you regarding your application.
Our residents and faculty do procedures such as colposcopy, dermatologic procedures, and circumcisions. We will be happy to include you in these experiences as available. During your rotation, you will be expected to participate in our resident conference series.
Rotation times are four weeks in duration and are available from July through January. Due to hospital regulation, applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Provision of student housing is subject to availability.
Please email Joy Sessoms for application information and with any questions you may have. You will be notified regarding your acceptance on the rotation as soon as possible after receipt of your completed application.