All patients scheduled for total hip, total knee and hip/knee arthroplasty are required to attend one pre-operative class conducted by an orthopedic-certified registered nurse within 12 months of their surgery. Caregivers of patients are also encourages to attend. Attendance in this class can be scheduled to coincide with your pre-admission testing appointment.
Topics to be covered:
- Home and physical preparation prior to surgery
- What to expect on the day of surgery
- What to expect while hospitalized
- Physical therapy instruction
- Discharge planning
- What to expect during recovery
- How to promote the best post-operative recovery
For More Information
For any questions about the class, contact the orthopedic hotline at (910) 777-3501.
Classes are free. However, to keep class sizes small, registration is required.