Physical activity such as walking can help improve your health. New Hanover Regional Medical Center’s Wellness Walks Series gives patients a fun, safe opportunity to connect with healthcare professionals and participate in some healthy activity and learning.
Wellness Walks are held on the first Thursday of the month at 5:00 p.m. and are open to anyone in the community.
- The next walk is scheduled for November 4, 2021 at Portia Hines Park located at 400 N. 10th Street in Wilmington.
- Feature speaker: David Weaver, MD, Cardiologist at Cape Fear Heart Associates.
What to Expect
- At beginning of walk a healthcare provider will lead a 10-minute talk on a health topic
- Healthcare providers walk with group of participants on a set walking path (distance is under .75 miles)
- Social distancing and masks are required
Be sure to follow New Hanover Regional Medical Center on Facebook for future event locations.
For more information contact Lorna Ford at [email protected] or 910-662-9710.