We invite you to attend the 2022 Trauma & Acute Care Symposium scheduled Saturday, Sept. 17. This year, the event will be offered virtually and we invite physicians, advanced practitioners, registered nurses, pre-hospital providers and any other interested healthcare professionals to attend.
The objective of this symposium is to provide education to trauma, acute care providers and clinicians to improve their knowledge and competence in caring for trauma patients.
This symposium provides attendees with quality presentations from local and national speakers on hot topics, evidence-based research and the latest advancements in acute care. Continuing education credits are available for attendees.
8:00 - 8:05 a.m.
SEAHEC Announcements and Credit Information
8:05 - 8:10 a.m.
Welcome and Overview of the Day
8:10 - 8:25 a.m.
- The Vision of Trauma Services for the Novant Health Coastal Market
- Speaker: Terri DeWees, DNP, RN, CEN, NE-BC
8:25 - 8:40 a.m.
- Malignant Hyperthermia
- Speaker: Joseph Carballo, MD
8:40 - 9:40 a.m.
- Uncommon but Twice as Life Threatening: Trauma and the Pregnant Mother
- Speaker: Marie Baldisseri, MD
10 - 10:30 a.m.
- Injury in the Elderly: Can You Improve the Outcomes?
- Speaker: Sasha Adams, MD
10:30 - 11:15 a.m.
- Whole Blood: Everything Old Is New Again
- Speaker: Douglas Pokorny, DO, LCDR, MC, USN
11:15 - 11:45 a.m.
- The Breath of Life: APRV in the STICU
- Speaker: T.J. Novosel, MD
12:15 - 1 p.m.
- Pediatric PANDEM Guidelines
- Speaker: Elizabeth Farrington, PharmD
1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Pediatric Trauma
- Speaker: Timothy Weiner, MD
1:30 - 2 p.m.
- Local Evidence (Abstract Presentations)
- Speaker: Lesly Jurado, PharmD
2:15 - 2:30 p.m.
- When to Call the Medical Examiner
- Speaker: Jeff Probst, PA-C
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Resilience for the Healthcare Team
- Speaker: Taylor Warren, director, organizational resiliency, Novant Health
3:30 - 4 p.m.
- Trauma Survivor Story
- Speaker: Karen Bright
4 p.m.: Wrap up
- NHNHRMC team members register via NetLearning.
- Other Novant Health Coastal region Novant Health team members wishing to attend, please email [email protected]
Full event brochure coming soon.
Print the flyer here.
Questions? Contact Angela Papach or Emily Barnes.