NHRMC has established the completion of Everyday Bias classes as a strategic priority for our employees.
Upcoming classes are being offered online and in-person. Please check to ensure you are signing up for the correct location.
Schedule and Registration
• Must register through SEAHEC at least 2 days in advance to receive Zoom link
• Log into session 10-15 minutes early to work out any kinks
• Do not share Zoom link with other employees
• Must have a computer to view the presentation (A smartphone will work, but the slides will be small)
• Preferably, only one participant per screen
Grounded in self-reflection, the Everyday Bias for Healthcare Professionals course enables participants to examine how experiences and identities shape their biases. Participants develop awareness of their first impressions that can lead to biased decision-making in the work place.
- Explore how bias functions in the brain and its impact on decision-making
- Examine how experiences and identities shape our biases
- Develop the ability to closely inspect our first impressions for bias
Classes fill quickly, so register early for your preferred class date. If the class you are interested in attending is full, check back often as new classes are being added on an ongoing basis. .
2.0 Contact Hours of continuing education credit available through SEAHEC.