The Novant Health Mobile Mammography unit will be onsite at Physical Therapy for Women located at 1630 Military Cutoff Road Suite 110 in Wilmington on October 13, 2021 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Mobile Mammography Site Information
- The Novant Health Mobile Mammography unit consists of one mammography room which is climate controlled to suit our patients' preference.
- Currently the mobile has a Selenia Dimensions mammography unit, manufactured by HOLOGIC and is accredited to date for producing 2D mammographic images.
- The unit is not handicap accessible and has 6 steps which allow access.
- There are no bathroom facilities on the unit.
- COVID guidelines are adhered to for the safety of our team members and patients.
- Only asymptomatic patients are able to have mammograms on this unit in adherence with FDA guidelines.
- Interpretation services are available to enable communication with patients.
- Financial assistance may be available for those patients with hardships.
Do I need an appointment?
Appointments are not required, but recommended. You will need a physician name to schedule your mammogram and this physician will receive your report. Schedule by phone at 910-721-1485.
Does my insurance cover this?
Screening mammograms are covered as preventative care under most insurance plans. For your convenience, we will file a claim with your insurance provider on your behalf. Please bring your insurance cards and government issues ID to the appointment.
What if my last mammogram was not at a NHRMC or Novant Health facility?
You can still receive a mammogram at our mobile mammography unit. Our team will contact your previous provider to obtain films from your most recent mammogram. Past results are necessary to ensure that no changes have occurred in your breast health.