The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) is an evidence-based diabetes self-management education program for people with prediabetes or diabetes, and relatives of those with diabetes.
Education sessions provide people with diabetes and prediabetes with the knowledge and skills necessary to reduce complications resulting from diabetes, such as kidney failure, amputation, vision loss, heart failure and stroke.
WHAT IS DEEP?
- DEEP is an evidence-based training series for diabetes education.
- DEEP workshops are interactive and involve demonstrations, role play, games and other engaging activities for group learning.
- DEEP provides a supportive environment where participants work together in a small group to learn about health management and lifestyle choices.
- DEEP workshops are led by community members who are certified DEEP instructors.
- Understanding the human body
- Diabetes risk factors and complications
- Nutrition education and meal planning
- Understanding and managing diabetes medication
- Physical activity
- Accessing your health team
- Managing stress
FILL OUT THE INTEREST FORM