Information Security is the protection of information and systems from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or disruption.
Best Practices Staying Secure
- Physical: Lock up- Offices, workstations, sensitive papers and PDAs, as well as laptops, mobile devices, media.
- Access: Control access to information so that someone has only what is needed for their job.
- Computer: Lock your computer and hide confidential information when your computer is not in use.
- Device: Never store PHI and confidential information on removable media or portable devices unless specifically required to do so.
- Email: Do not send any email message that you would be embarrassed to find printed under your name on the front page of the newspaper.
- Internet: Do not download software that is not approved for NHNHRMC computers, including screen savers and games.