Your Responsibilities

Your Employee Self Service

Use remote access to log in to Employee Self Service and review and/or change your benefit information.


At the time you enroll, you must certify that all statements in your enrollment are true to the best of your knowledge. Throughout the year, you are likely to experience changes in your life. Often life event changes have an impact on your benefits and you need to take action to update your coverage. You are responsible for notifying the HR-Benefits Team of any qualifying status changes that affect your eligibility or premiums for you and/or any of your dependents within 30 days of the qualifying status change.

Contact the HR Benefits Team

Contact the HR benefits team Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 910-667-6000.

HR-Benefits Fax

HR-Benefits E-mail

Changes Affecting Benefits

The following are some, but not all, of the types of life changes that should be communicated to HR as they may affect your benefits.

  • You get married or divorced
  • You have a baby or adopt a child
  • Your spouse's employment status or eligibility for health coverage changes
  • You and/or your dependents change addresses or phone numbers
  • Your dependent loses eligibility. Dependents no longer eligible (including legally divorced spouses, graduating college students, and deceased dependents) must be reported to the HR Benefits Team.
  • Your dependent becomes a full-time college student or ends enrollment as a full-time college student. For dependents over the age of 19 who are full-time college students, you must notify the HR Benefits Team of their full-time student status in order to continue coverage under dental and vision. You also need to notify the HR Benefits Team when they are no longer full-time students.
  • You need to apply for a leave of absence, medical or otherwise. If you are out of work on an approved medical leave of absence and are not receiving a paycheck, you are still responsible for paying premiums to maintain active coverage. Use Your Employee Self Service (YESS) to enter your new information and email They will respond with instructions that will allow you to go into YESS to make the necessary changes. You will also need to provide adoption papers, marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other documentation indicating the date of the change.

Failure to remove an ineligible dependent is considered a fraudulent act and will be grounds for discipline including, but not limited to, termination of employment from NHRMC, denial or retroactive termination of benefit coverage, and recoupment of benefits improperly paid. It is your responsibility to notify the HR Benefits Team as soon as you experience a change and within 30 days of the effective date. If you wait to do so, you will not be reimbursed for any deductions taken out on behalf on an ineligible dependent. Additionally, the ineligible dependent may lose any rights to COBRA continuation of coverage.