Updating Your Benefits
Your Employee Self Service
Use remote access to log in to Employee Self Service and review and/or change your benefit information.
If you are a new employee in a benefits-eligible position, you can enroll during your new hire period, usually your first 60 days of active employment. The benefit plans limited to this deadline include medical coverage, dental coverage, vision insurance, group term life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Current employees are eligible to make changes during the annual enrollment period each November. Employees can add or drop dependents, cancel plans, enroll in flexible spending accounts for the next year, or request to increase or decrease group term life insurance coverage and/or dependent coverage.
If you experience a change in your FTE status, you will receive an email notification from Human Resources advising of your opportunity to make changes to your benefits.
- If your FTE is .4 to .59, you are eligible to participate in the following plans: medical, dental, vision and spending accounts.
- If your FTE is .60 to .79, you are eligible to participate in the following plans: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, dependent life and spending accounts.
- If your FTE is .80 to 1.0, you are eligible to participate in the following plans: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life, dependent life, long-term disability and spending accounts.
For Employees with Licenses
- You will first have to contact the board (i.e. Board of Nursing) and update your licensure. Once that has been updated, you can contact HR Operations at 667-7049 and let them know of your name change.
- As soon as you can provide HR Operations with a copy of your updated license, you must log in to ESS and update your name under Life Events.
- After you make the change in Lawson, you will need to contact the IS Help Desk at 910-667-7855, so they can update your email address and make changes in any other computer applications that are applicable to your position.
For Employees without a License
- Login to ESS and update your name under the Life Events tab.
- After updating in ESS, you will need to contact the IS Help Desk at 910-343-7855, in order for them to update your email address and make changes in any other computer applications that are applicable to your position.
A beneficiary is the person(s) you designate to receive the death benefit from your life insurance policy. You can name a single beneficiary or multiple beneficiaries. If you choose multiple beneficiaries, you can decide how the proceeds will be split between them as a percentage or specific amount.
When naming beneficiaries, you should identify them as clearly as possible and include their social security numbers.
There are two kinds of beneficiaries: "primary" and "contingent." The primary beneficiary receives the death benefit if he or she can be found after your death. Contingent beneficiaries receive the death benefit if the primary beneficiary is deceased or cannot be found.
As your life situation changes, so could your choice of beneficiary. It is a good idea to regularly review and/or update your beneficiary designation to make sure your choice is still appropriate.