Check for Availability
There is a maximum capacity of six children for infant care, so please call the EFC's Service Desk at 910-667-4151 to check availability.
The Employee Fitness Center Drop-in Childcare provides a safe and secure environment for children to have fun, meet new friends and enjoy an unstructured play environment. The EFC provides care for children 12 weeks to 12 years old.
- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Children 12 weeks-5 years old
- 2:00-8:00 p.m. - Children 2-12 years old
- 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Children 2 to 12 years old
There is a maximum capacity of six children for infant care, so please call the EFC's main Service Desk at 910-667-4151 ahead of time to check availability. Parents of infants are asked to please bring a stroller or infant seat for use in the childcare room.
This is not a regulated or licensed child care arrangement. In accordance with Article 7, Chapter 110 of the North Carolina General Statutes, the EFC Drop-in Childcare provides drop-in and short-term child care while the parent participates in activities that are not employment related and where the parents are on the premises or otherwise easily accessible. A notice of such is required by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services to be prominently displayed in the Drop-in Childcare area so it is available and can be shown to each child's parent or guardian when the child is in attendance.
- The Drop-in Childcare classroom size limits the capacity to no more than 15 children at any given time. Should you wish to check availability and reserve a spot(s), you may use the "call ahead" childcare feature within one hour of your visit to the EFC by calling the main Service Desk.
- Children can be in the Childcare Drop-in room for no longer than two hours per day.
- To use the Drop-in Childcare, the employee must be enrolled in the family EFC option.
- Parents must comply with the expressed check-in and check-out process, which includes signing the log and ensuring the child(ren) wears their ID badge. In addition, in advance of leaving their child(ren) in Drop-in Childcare for the fist time, a simple registration card must be completed.
- If it's necessary for your child to have a snack or drink while at Drop-in Childcare, parents are responsible for bringing snacks and drinks for their child(ren). We ask that you avoid bringing unhealthy snacks, as well as anything containing nuts.
- Parents are required to be at the EFC site at all times while the child is attending Drop-in Childcare and the Parent must respond by returning to the room immediately should they be paged overhead.
- Use of Drop-in Childcare is for children of employees and is not intended for grandchildren, neighbors or friends.
- In accordance with Article 7, Chapter 110, the EFC staff may not use the facility while they're performing their job functions, whether they are NHRMC employees or agents of the organization.
- No child is to be left in the room dedicated to Drop-in Childcare when the Drop-in Childcare Provider is not working.