Check for Availability
There is a maximum capacity of six children for infant care, so please call the EFC's Service Desk at 910-667-4151 to check availability.
The Fitness Center Drop-in Childcare provides a safe and secure environment for children to have fun, meet new friends and enjoy an unstructured play environment. The fitness center provides care for children 12 weeks to 12 years old.
- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Children 12 weeks-5 years old
- 2:00-8:00 p.m. - Children 2-12 years old
- 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. - Children 2 to 12 years old
There is a maximum capacity of six children for infant care, so please call the main Service Desk at 910.667.4151 ahead of time to check availability. Parents of infants are asked to please bring a stroller or infant seat for use in the childcare room.
This is not a regulated or licensed child care arrangement. In accordance with Article 7, Chapter 110 of the North Carolina General Statutes, the Fitness Center Drop-in Childcare provides drop-in and short-term child care while the parent participates in activities that are not employment related and where the parents are on the premises or otherwise easily accessible. A notice of such is required by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services to be prominently displayed in the Drop-in Childcare area so it is available and can be shown to each child's parent or guardian when the child is in attendance.
- The Drop-in Childcare classroom size limits the capacity to no more than 15 children at any given time. Should you wish to check availability and reserve a spot(s), you may use the "call ahead" childcare feature within one hour of your visit to the EFC by calling the main Service Desk.
- Children can be in the Childcare Drop-in room for no longer than two hours per day.
- To use the Drop-in Childcare, the employee must be enrolled in the family fitness center option.
- Parents must comply with the expressed check-in and check-out process, which includes signing the log and ensuring the child(ren) wears their ID badge. In addition, in advance of leaving their child(ren) in Drop-in Childcare for the fist time, a simple registration card must be completed.
- If it's necessary for your child to have a snack or drink while at Drop-in Childcare, parents are responsible for bringing snacks and drinks for their child(ren). We ask that you avoid bringing unhealthy snacks, as well as anything containing nuts.
- Parents are required to be at the EFC site at all times while the child is attending Drop-in Childcare and the Parent must respond by returning to the room immediately should they be paged overhead.
- Use of Drop-in Childcare is for children of employees and is not intended for grandchildren, neighbors or friends.
- In accordance with Article 7, Chapter 110, the EFC staff may not use the facility while they're performing their job functions, whether they are NHRMC employees or agents of the organization.
- No child is to be left in the room dedicated to Drop-in Childcare when the Drop-in Childcare Provider is not working.