Diabetes Health Plan
Visit the Diabetes Resources page for other helpful tools including presentation videos for managing diabetes and living a healthy lifestyle.
Diabetes is a major health problem, and it can often lead to serious health complications. Knowing if you have pre-diabetes or diabetes, and being aware of the risk factors is a step toward managing it.
NHRMC offers the Diabetes Health Plan for employees and their family members who have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes, and are enrolled in one of NHRMC’s medical plans, to help manage their conditions while saving money.
If you were enrolled in the NHRMC or Standard Health Plan and have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes, you will be automatically placed in the value-based Diabetes Health Plan based on your health risk assessment results. If you have a covered family member who is diabetic or pre-diabetic, you may request to enroll in the Diabetes Health Plan and have the benefits apply to all covered family members.
If you or any of your covered dependents are electing medical plan coverage for the first time, have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes and would like to participate in the value-based Diabetes Health Plan, you will need to elect the NHRMC Health Plan and complete an application or call the Diabetes Health Plan Hotline at (910) 667-7777.
Managing an ongoing health condition can be challenging. Your health actions will guide your way to better health. To stay in the Diabetes Health Plan, you will need to follow health actions, like those shown below.
- Lab evaluations: Cholesterol, A1c, kidney function tests
- Professional services: Regular primary care visits to include a foot exam and a retinal exam from an ophthalmologist
- Health actions vary for those with pre-diabetes and diabetes
View the 2016 Diabetes Health Action Items and use the completion form to track your progress.
Diabetes Health Plan Benefits
In exchange for meeting your health actions, you will receive these benefits:
- $0 co-pay for diabetes-related visits to your primary care provider and specialist
- $0 co-pay for selected diabetes-related medications and supplies
- Wellness programs to help you manage your condition
- Scorecard to help stay on track with your health care
- Reminders for essential screenings and exams
- Support from a team of professionals at NHRMC