Healthy Lifestyles Plan
Healthy Lifestyles Plan Hotline
HR Benefits Hotline
(910) 667-6000 (General Questions)
NHRMC offers the Healthy Lifestyles Plan for employees and their family members who have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes, diabetes, or hypertension and are enrolled in one of NHRMC’s medical plans, to help manage their conditions while saving money.
Active employees and covered dependents have the option of OPTING INTO the Healthy Lifestyles Plan. By opting into the program, you will need to complete actions items to continue to use the benefits of the Healthy Lifestyles Plan. If you do not complete the requirements, you will forfeit some of the great benefits that the HLP has to offer. A critical part of the program is to help keep participants on track.
If you or any of your covered dependents are electing medical plan coverage for the first time, have a diagnosis of diabetes, and hypertension and would like to participate in the value-based Healthy Lifestyles Plan, you will need to elect the NHRMC Health Plan and complete an application or call the Healthy Lifestyles Plan Hotline at 910.667.7777.
Healthy Lifestyles Plan Benefits
In exchange for meeting your health actions, you will receive these benefits:
- $0 co-pay for diabetes- and hypertension-related visits to your primary care provider and specialist
- $0 co-pay for selected diabetes- and hypertension-related medications and supplies
- Wellness programs to help you manage your condition
- Reminders for essential screenings and exams
- Support from a team of professionals at NHRMC
Eating a healthy diet is a key component of controlling diabetes and hypertension. NHRMC Employee Nutrition Services offers classes and other resources to help you learn how to prepare healthy, nutritious meals, and eat healthier.