Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Your Employee Self Service
You can manage your information at home by logging into Employee Self Service through Remote Access.
You can set aside up to $5,000 for 2015 to pay for childcare (under the age of 13) or the care of an incapacitated spouse or other dependent (such as an elderly parent). These expenses must be necessary for you to work and your spouse (if married) to work, find work, or attend college. You may begin using this benefit the first of the month following your date of hire.
Eligible expenses include:
- Before and after school care for children under the age of 13
- Care provided in your home (provider cannot be an IRS tax dependent or your child under the age of 19)
- Home or day care for eligible disabled IRS dependents (must spend at least eight hours per day in your home)
- Licensed day care providers
- Registration fees
- Summer day camps for children under the age of 13
- Enrichment programs (dance, sports or music lessons)
- Education fees/tuition
- Overnight camps
- Food, clothing or transportation
- Housekeeping expenses
- $5,000 Maximum annual contribution (regardless of number of dependents)
- $2,500 Maximum annual contribution for married individuals filing separately
- $5 Minimum annual contribution
During the course of the plan year, you may submit written requests for reimbursement of qualifying expenses incurred under the Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account. Expenses are considered "incurred" when the service is performed, not necessarily when it is paid. If the request qualifies as a reimbursable expense, you will receive a reimbursement payment soon thereafter. If you submit a claim for an amount that is more than your DCFSA balance, the excess part of the claim will be carried over into following months to be paid out as your balance becomes adequate.
Remember, that you can't be reimbursed for any total expenses above the available annual amount credited to your DCFSA. You also may not be reimbursed for any expenses that arise before your benefit election becomes effective. The IRS requires that you save your receipts to substantiate your reimbursements.
Flores & Associates
Flores & Associates may require you to submit documentation that shows the expense is eligible for DCFSA reimbursement. Notify Flores & Associates if you believe that an expense you submitted was not eligible for reimbursement. If you are reimbursed for an expense that was not eligible for reimbursement, you will have to repay your account.
Dependent Care FSA Guide
Flores Dependent Care Reimbursement Form
Dependent Care No-Wait Claim Form